How can I show more affection or maintain conversation over text?

potatoes56
I am a bit embarrassed to ask but I am more of a conversationalist over call or in person. I text my boyfriend often and I do personally think I make conversation i. e. I send funny things, share news/interesting things that are happening and ask questions to get to know him. But he keeps consistently saying I speak like a robot or I don't make conversation but for e. g. when I ask something he will say I am interrogating him or that is what a teenager would ask.

He said he won't make conversation or show 'affection' until I stop speaking like a robot. But if I show too much affection he will say I am 'too much'. I was busy at work the other day and quickly asked what he was doing when I was on break and he went on about how it controlling and blunt etc when the text was completely innocent and he told me to get a grip.

I want to make it better because he has threatened to leave me many times or says its not what he wants because of stuff like this. But he barely says much when he responds so I dont know how I am supposed to make it better if he gives me nothing to discuss?
1
0