Does he like me or was he just being nice to me after my apology?

Anonymous
we’re friendly and i used to like him in middle school. i’m in high school now, and we talk every now and then, but definitely not like super close. yesterday i apologized to him about a stupid thing i did in the past, and sent a text over snapchat. he was typing/stopping for a while and then he tried to call me. i freaked out telling my friends because i didn’t think he would want to call. and then he texted me saying if we could call and talk. he video called me at midnight and we talked and he said that he never thought that in the past and that i was one of the sweetest people he knows. that caught me off guard, and then we spent 20 minutes just talking, and he even told his cousin on his headset that he would come back to the game later. and we were laughing and also talking seriously, it was a good conversation. then after we said bye, he snapped me a heart. and i snapped him a heart too, and he had a happy smile on in his next smile. i feel like i’m overreacting to all this, and he’s just being friendly, lemme know what y’all think.
3
1