Was this thing my boyfriend said during an argument considered controlling or rude?

Anonymous
So we were arguing over text and he started calling me. I answered but I couldn't hear him on the other end (apparently some sort of bug or signal issues I don't know) and I hung up. He called me about two more times and the same thing happened. As I made my way to whats app to tell him that I couldn't hear him he wrote "Answer." I don't know it really ticked me off bc the way he just texted "answer" felt as if it was imperative, like I had to answer. I would've preferred "please answer" or something, but not that. It felt a bit controlling if you ask me. After we communicated a bit more I told him how I didn't like the way he just said that and he apologized and said he'll take more into account the way he says things for the next occasion. I was very satisfied with that but I just wanted to get an outside opinion.
10
1