My little sister asked my boyfriend of 3 years this question and this was his answer. What do you guys think?

Anonymous
So my 10 year old sister decided to ask my boyfriend of 3 years this very uncomfortable question. It was “who do you love more, her (as in me) or our dog (a golden retriever who he has grown to love over time)” My boyfriend just looked at me with a “oh shit” expression on his face and I knew he was feeling on the spot. He didn’t answer and I just lectured my little sister on why you shouldn’t ask people those sorts of questions. After she went to bed, I couldn’t stop thinking about how my boyfriend didn’t actually answer the question, and my mind being an expert on overthinking started ranting about how “he didn’t answer because he loves your dog more than he loves you.” I overthought the situation almost to the point where I wanted to cry. My boyfriend and I sat down to chat about it and I actually started crying bc my mind can really get the best of me sometimes. He explained to me that that sort of question doesn’t affect him because there’s simply just no answer to it. He told me that he doesn’t “measure” love, and that to him its not a “competition.” He just loves unconditionally, and that if someone earns his love and respect, may it be myself or my dog, he/she just has his love with no sorts of measurements of being above or below. After hearing that I felt a little better about the whole situation but was still left with mixed emotions. I’ve grown up my entire life believing that loving someone or something more than the other is totally normal (as most people do) but he just laid a whole new different perspective in front of me (all because of a silly question) and now I don’t really know how to feel about it... what do you guys think?
7
2