Is it rude for my boyfriend to raise his voice and tell me not to talk to him that way?

Anonymous
He was being goofy and I wasn’t. I raised my voice and told him to leave me alone and then he told me not to talk to him that way in the same authority tone I did before. On his defense he sounded like he was still joking when he said that, because he was grinning. Afterwards I asked him if he was joking when he said that and he told me “yes and no.” Anyways, is it “bad” or “rude” for him to say not to talk to him like that with a raised voice (not yelling just more authority) even if it was half joking? I told him I didn’t like his tone and he told me that he didn’t like mine beforehand either, so we both agreed to try and not raise our voices at each other.
3
3