Can you guys help me understand what this means? does he like me based on his responses or just sees me as a friend?

Anonymous
so my guy friend and I just started hanging out alone. once we did a group hangout. but he's super flirty with me, we talk for 4+ hours, stand close to where our bodies touch, etc and he replies fast to texts (although he for whatever DOES NOT initiate text or plans). Like I'll be in the car with him and he'll say "so when will I see you again?"... or if I mention a location he'll be like "what did you say there?" and then he'll make me say that we should meet and when... he himself won't say it... which I don't get.

And yesterday I texted him if he wanted to do something and he replied 15 minutes later (usually he replies fast) he said he was busy but that he might be free on Sunday. that's another thing i've noticed. He says things as if he's busy like "I should be free this afternoon" or "I might be free on Sunday" when I know for sure he's just sitting at home doing nothing (he told me this himself, that he likes plans because he's literally doing nothing at home right now). So why does he act like he's busy? shouldn't he get excited if I'm asking him about plans? (that's if he likes me).

ALSO I don't know if I should stop initiating hang outs. Should I wait for him to say something instead of it being me? the thing is that he usually tells me he's picking me up when ever we plan something
Updates:
1 y
by the way him being yesterday was valid since we have a lot of school assignments for this week but still I feel like he could've been like "oh but let's definitely do something tomorrow!"
Can you guys help me understand what this means? does he like me based on his responses or just sees me as a friend?
Add Opinion