Is it weird for me (a 22 year old female) to talk to my number neighbor (a 17 year old male)?

Anonymous
I hope that doesn’t come off as weird. We don’t really talk but we do randomly and briefly every other month. Recently, we talked a bit and he’s a sweet kid. I tried ending the conversation a few times subtly but I don’t think he took my hint. I’ve grown attached to the kiddo. I told my sister (who’s his age) and she told me to not be mean like that. To her, it doesn’t seem weird. But I worry it comes off that way. After all, I am interested in some day working with that age group as a counselor and I’m just the type to being open to talking to internet friends and being like a friendly mentor type of person for people. I’ve seen people say they still occasionally talk to their number neighbor so maybe it’s not weird?
I don't know I need people’s thoughts on this one.
9
5