May I share my experience?

Anonymous
This might get long, but I want to see some opinions on how I handled this.

I'm 26, matched with a 22 year old gal. I work about 4 hours from where she lives, and live about an hour from her on the weekends. For the first 3-4 weeks, we talked all day, everyday.

We met for dinner on a Friday night, spent about 2 hours there. I felt it went really well, and we hugged when we were done. She texted me right away thanking me and let me know when she got home. Saturday communication was good, but Sunday it seemed like she fell off. It was awkward until Friday when I asked her if we could talk about it. She basically told me she wanted to be just friends; but over the next month our conversations didn't change any. My buddy and I went to an outdoor event on Saturday 2 weeks ago, and on Sunday she wanted to go with. So the second time I met her, my best friend was with. Again, it went very well and we spent all day together.

All last week, it seemed we were talking even more frequently, we were glued to our phones. Friday I worked late, and I got a "goodnight, let me know when you get home." Saturday she said she's going out with friends. We didn't text a whole lot, but around 9:30, I texted her asking to let me know when she got home safely. And she did.

Sunday, she's going out with friends again. Apparently her 3rd cousin got a hold of her phone and was snapping me. I was getting things like, "you have no chance with her, she wants her 3rd cousins D in her butt."

And that was it. I texted her later that night asking if she made it back home safely, and next thing I know, I'm blocked on Facebook. No text back, and my snap yesterday was left unopened. I unfriended her on Snapchat and haven't heard from her since.

I don't know if I did something wrong, or was coming across as too clingy, but I was only trying to match her responses and such so she felt comfortable. We had so many hobbies in common, I thought we could be friends for life. It's time to move on I guess.
May I share my experience?
1
1