How can I forgive myself for being so weak with women when I was younger?

Anonymous
Full disclaimer I’ve proudly noticed myself change in the 10 particularly last 5 years. I better understand my personality and why I developed some nice guy quirks that left my vulnerable in my youth. I know my breaking point now and I’ll stand up for myself once the line is crossed.

So far this year I’ve called out three separate women and moved on. No regrets because they had nothing to offer me but disrespect. If I’m romantically attracted to a woman (and she knows it) I will NOT accept the friend zone.

While not perfect I have definitely developed stronger radar and gut feelings for when a woman is trying to take advantage of me for being “too nice”. If I sense this is happening I’ll cut her off and not look back. I used to have very hard time doing this because I had this twisted fantasy they will change but I accept the truth now. I tell myself “better a loner than a chump”.

And yet I’m having a hard time forgiving myself for not being tougher when I was younger. Much of the shame, frustration and self hatred I endured could of been avoided if I stood my ground.

Hindsight is 20/20. Better to change later then never. However I find myself getting very depressed on all the opportunities I lost out on.

Any advice?
0
1