Why did my guy friend ask me “What are we?” and then when I ask him to repeat he said “Where are we”?

Anonymous
So early this week I went on a mini friend date with my best guy friend... we were supposed to grab dinner and that was it but he then he was like let’s watch a movie, so we watched a movie and in the movies he kept pressing his knee/legs into my knees and body. I was trying to figure out what was going on there cause I couldn’t tell if he was trying to cuddle me in the theater. But my guy friend is NOTORIOUS for cockblocking me from other dudes I have an interest in, so the next day was my bday and he joined me for dinner and stuff and at dinner the waiter asked me if he was my boyfriend cause he was all over me and hugging up on me and then after dinner the we went back to our friends place and got messed up and then at a moment he had said to me “what are we” I was caught off guard so I asked him again what he said and he goes “Where are we?” I tell him our friends place and he’s like I forget sometimes where I am.. But my friend and I just say that we’re just friends and nothing more but every time we go out together the two of us or in a group setting everyone is always asking if we’re together or dating and says we’re cute. Can somebody explain this and MEN PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME WITH THOUGHTS AND WHAT YOU WOULD DO
15 d
He’s the one that has hit me constantly with the “we’re just friends” “you’re my closest friend” “you’re such a great friend” so I’m not leading him on I’m taking him for his words.
3
0