Is it okay for men to cry?

Johnster203
Most of my life I have been told by a lot of people I met that guys are supposed to be strong and not cry, especially in front of girls or women in general. I had been away from where I live with a theatre group I perform with in Canada, my family never contacted me to let me know that she was very sick and was on the verge of dying. If I had known I would have dropped everything and came back home to say goodbye. They even kept me from her awake, funeral, and Christian burial. I never got to say goodbye or even see her body, they had her cremated. I miss her so much she was my best friend, and now she's gone forever, I'm feeling completely lost without my mother. Is it okay for men to cry, especially in front of a girl? I want to cry in front of my fiance Izabella so bad, but afraid I'll look weak and foolish in front of her, after being told multiple times that guys should not cry, especially in front of girls and women. She's wondering what's wrong and I'm far too afraid to tell her, in case I end up crying in front of her. What should I do here?
Is it okay for men to cry?
Add Opinion