Guys, Do some guys pretend to be busy to not seem lame or like they don't have a life?

Anonymous
I've been talking to a guy for over a month and one day about 2 weeks ago, he asked me if I would be busy, i said no. He asked if I wanted to hang out if he wasn't busy or too busy, something like that.

So I thought about it and I decided not to hang out with him that day because I didn't like how it seemd like I was a "just in case" option to him. I told him i didn't want to hang out with him anymore, for that day and almost immediately he replied "asking why and what was wrong".

We talked a day later and he mentioned that he went a family bbq that he didn't want to go to. I think his mom or grandma also asked about me and he said he told them that I wasn't feeling well or didn't want to come.
1