Is it over or not? what does needing time for yourself mean?

Anonymous
This guy I (23) met on Hinge (26) in very early August, came on really strong so I hesitated and I was dealing with some family stuff. After finally meeting him I realized I was very interested, he was exactly my type and I became super invested, as was he. We would talk every second of the day, compliment eachother and be super lovey Dovey. He told me he hadn’t felt this way in a long time and thought we communicated so easily. We also had great sexual chemistry and kept things fun. I saw him quite a few times and I thought everything was going well. He then invited me A few weekends ago on a long weekend trip with some of his good highschool buddies to stay at his best friends parents. I thought we had a great time and I got along with everyone. It felt like we were pretty serious and i bought him a bday gift. A few days after the trip he started to pull away a bit, until i finally asked what was wrong and if everything was ok. He said “I’m okay just a lot of shit going on.” I then asked if he still wanted me and he said he had been thinking and needs to focus on himself right now because he’s trying to start his career and figure himself out. (He just turned 26 during the trip we were on) then he said he was in a funk and it has nothing to do with me. I got defensive questioning our connection and asking him why he told his parents about me and Why I met his friends. Then he said we moved too fast and he doesn’t know wtf he wants right now and that it really doesn’t have to do with me. After I sent a text basically saying i can’t believe it’s over and he goes “I’m not saying we are done right now I just need time for myself, this isn’t easy for me either!!” I asked for clarification to what that meant and he never replied. It’s been about a week. Thoughts? Is he actually taking time for himself? Will i hear from him again?
3
3