Is it normal for someone who says that they are only looking for a good time to text about things other than hooking up?

Anonymous
A little background: I don’t have a ton of experience with a friends with benefits/ just booking up. I’ve basically been a serial monogamist forever.

I met a guy online, we clicked, he said he was only looking for a good time as he doesn’t have time for a relationship. That works for me, because I don’t either so we decide to try to friends with benefits route.

We have only met up a couple times to hook up and we haven’t hung out aside from that. In between though, we text every day, usually multiple conversations throughout the day. The conversations are mostly about regular stuff though, most of it isn’t about hooking up. Is this normal?

I’m wondering if he has started to catch some feelings or something based on how he’s been communicating with me. Again, I have limited experience so any help is appreciated. Thanks!
4
1