Guys... what do you think? what's going through his mind? (i'd really appreciate if you read through the whole thing)?

Anonymous
basically I texted my guy friend if he wanted to hang out and he said he was busy. later my friend (girl) texted him about his plans and he said he was free in the evening. that's when he texted me as well saying he was free in the evening (so I guess all 3 of us could hang). but then my friend texted him saying her plans changed and he told her that he didn't want to hang out with me... he wanted to hang with her. so... my friend (girl) said that was rude and that you should talk to sam (me) about it. He texted me to hang but I declined... then the next day randomly showed up to my house unannounced to apologize. he waited for 20 min before I opened the door and then gave his 5 minute apology speech, then left... but I mean.. WTF... what does that mean? he likes me more than a friend, sees me just as a friend, or he just wants to save face? (he's shown signs of interest by the way and I like him as well... which is why I'm confused)

How he is with me:
-he's touchy (grabs arm, grazes arm, puts his palm on my hand, put his hand on my thigh for a few minutes then moved it back, etc)
-recently put his arm around me during a movie for a bit then moved it away
-responds to my texts right away
-hangs out with me 7 hours usually
-complimented me on my toe nail polish, shoes, socks so far lmao
-is more respectful with me I feel, and he says my name more often in person and in text (instead of saying "you" or "her")

by the way: he's never dated or had a girlfriend before.
1 mo
he's never randomly showed up to my house ever before
2
0