If he is so interested in her why does he still want to keep me around?

Anonymous
He said he found someone he was really interested in & won’t speak as much and that he still thinks I’m beautiful etc and a nice girl but I don’t “stay in touch with him enough” and how he’s been speaking to her for months longer than me, so I accepted it for what it was
He set me up w/ his friend...
but he still wants to be friends with me, called me gorgeous etc then a day later he was like “oh I made a mistake! Nothings happening with me and her” and came crawling back.
he's now asking for pics of me etc and wants me to stay in touch and telling me him and her are trying to work it out but he still wants me around.
But i can’t help but think he has feelings for her and I’m just some back up that he’s kind of attracted to but doesn’t have feelings for.
... I don’t wanna make him choose, as Jean already chosen her but one thing I’m not is a second option or last resort
2
1