How can I make him open up more?

faithattah
Naturally, I am an observant, private person that tends to keep my feelings to myself. He’s encouraged me to tell him how I feel and what I’m thinking. Gradually, I have been able to tell him how I feel about him, things that have happened in my past etc. I feel like he’s been able to understand me better and I’ve been able to show him some vulnerability which I never do with other guys. I still have some things I need to work on, I still hold back when it comes to him on certain things but I guess it’s a process.

However, he does not open up to me as much about his feelings and what’s going on in his life. Sometimes I find it hard to ask because I don’t want to be intrusive. But what ways can I make it more welcoming and comfortable for him to open up more and tell me how he’s feeling, so I can also be there for him because I care about him a lot.
How can I make him open up more?
1
1