Guys, Do you ever avoid eye contact with a girl for any reason, even though you didn't before?

Anonymous
This guy the first couple times he came over, he would switch his attention between me and my friend when talking. When it's just him and I, he's giving me full attention. We're laughing, joking, having a good time. There seems to be some chemistry there.

The other day, he came over for another project, and it seemed like he was avoiding looking at me altogether. I was dressed up in a summer dress with makeup on. And it felt like he was trying not to look at me.

When he did look at me, he did a double-take. Not a full body look (I don't think), just eye contact.

It seemed like he eventually warmed up to me, because we went back to how we usually are around one another (joking, laughing, smiling, etc.), And I eventually changed into something warmer, less flirty. The rest of the night seemed to go ok, and he and I found ways to keep the conversation going.

I just felt like he was purposely avoiding eye contact, even though he's usually not that way.
1