Guys, Can someone dig into this, what just happened? *Tinder*?

curiouslady1234
So, I have been talking to a guy on Tinder for a few weeks. I won't go into the frequency of calls/texts but they were copious to say the least. He told me from day 1 he was not looking for a LTR and I was okay with that. Of course, it also means I would never sleep with him as we would just be dating. At this point, I had never met him so I gave him a variation of my name as it is unique. I then told him I don't give out my real name until I am comfortable. So, all of this happened on a Sunday. Fast forward to yesterday, I decided to tell him my real name. He said he already new it and I was taken a back, So after this we have a conversation. I had pretty much figured this out, but he was talking about his life in terms of relationships. He said that he did not have the urge to ever marry or have kids and asked me my opinion. I simply said if that is how you choose to live your life, that is your bus. He then asks me about mine and I told him yes I do hope to marry and have kids 1 day, I, then, asked what he wanted to do since we are on different paths and it is neither of our places to try to convince the other as it would never work. He said that he still wants to be in contact with me text, talk, maybe meet up for coffee. I said, just to be clear I have no issues with being your friend but I am NOT jumping into your bed, so if you choose not to text me moving forward that is fine. He said that he still wants to text. What happened here? I appreciate his honesty but am wondering why he wants to keep talking if there is no chance of getting any p*ssy.
1