Guys, Does not sleeping with a guy make him respect you?

Anonymous
This guy I've known about two months really wanted to sleep with me and I told him no, but he tried to change my mind. I still said no but we can be friends.

that was Friday, today, Tuesday, we see each other for the first time since Friday. He looked embarrassed And kept his head down, didn’t engage me and tried to stay away from me at work. He tried to make a joke later on in the day after I attempted to lighten the mood in the morning.

maybe he is embarrassed about how he acted? Is he trying to be respectful and leave me alone?
1 mo
For context:
He’s my coworker and we met two months ago. We hit it off right away. Flirted. All the works. A month in he tells me he has a girlfriend. I say cool, I’m single because I know what I want and don’t do flings. Stayed friends.

Fast forward another month (Friday) he assumes I’ll sleep with him basically. I tell him no I’m not like that (cause I’m not) plus he has a girlfriend. And I TOLD HIM I don’t do flings, that includes casual sex.
3