Guy cancelled2nd date because he thinks he has Covid after already rescheduling. Legitimate or doing a fade out?

Anonymous
I went on a great first date with a guy I met on a dating app. It last 7 hours and he followed up the next day. He works away but we talked on the phone twice while he was away and texted every other day briefly and made plans for when he was back. The next week when he got back we had t talked in 2 day’s but I texted the day after he got home to confirm what time we were meeting that night. He said he was feeling tired so I gave him the option of rescheduling if he needed too, he was hesitant but at the end took the rain check as he said he was exhausted and we still talk on the phone that night for hours. We rescheduled for 2 days later but he texted me earlier today saying he is sick, had to get a covid test, and won’t be seeing anyone till he feels better or is done the quarantine if positive. I want to believe him but something has seemed a little odd with his msgs lately and also when he told me about getting tested he did t mention anything about seeing me after. I want to text him something like “ I know we’ve only been on one date so if something has changed on your side no hard feelings etc.” Should I give it a few days and see if he reaches out? Even if he does have or my gut is telling me that he’s lost interest.
4
1