Why does he still share everything with me?

Anonymous
So this guy and i became very close last year. We were best friends, he confided in me, and we emotionally connected. We began to hang out a lot and have very deep talks. He told me he trusts me more than anyone in his life and that i care about him more than anyone. He hasn’t had a lot of great friends and i was different. He even told me he loved me. When quarantine happened he had to go home, a very far distance. We talked everyday and he confessed me liked me romantically. I did too. We talked for like 2 months, romantically, but it escalated too quickly, and he was scared to commit. so he distanced himself and we kinda ended things. We still talked but it was a different vibe. He eventually came back to school and it was weird at first, but we agreed to still be best friends. He’s talked to a few other girls and done things with girls but none of them lasted. The thing is that he stills comes to me. over everyone in his life, i’m his go to person. He tells everyone he trusts me most. He tells me he cares about me, and i believe it through his words and actions. But he also told one of my friends he doesn’t have feelings for me. It’s hard because I still love him and I don’t know how he really feels. Our connection is so deep and i know he feels it too? Do you think he’s scared it’s too good?
Why does he still share everything with me?
Add Opinion