Manager started talking to me differently after a new guy joined?

Anonymous
I work for a very (VERY) small company.
I started in January. There was only me , a guy (my manager) and another older guy (co-manager).
Then went on furlough in April. came back again in August and until September there were literally just the two of us in the office. It was all fine and even when I made the most ridiculous mistakes he would never even say a word. My role is not that demanding and job is going well, things get done timely etc. And we got on really well. Or maybe that is just what I thought.

We had a new guy joining us this September. He is very friendly and easy to talk to. We joke around sometimes but not too much as to distract us from work. The second week after he joined I noticed my manager behaving differently towards me. Literally just being cold and not nearly as friendly as before. Was him being friendly before just an act? I really can't think of anything I might have said or done wrong for him to become like this.

P. S All three of us have partners.
1
2