Guy looked at me weird when someone suggested he wanted to sit by me?

Anonymous
I was on a bus the other day with my cousin and his mutual friends. He made a joke about one of his friends wanting to switch seats with him so he could sit by me. (He was sitting with my cousin’s girlfriend and teasing her and my cousin). I had never met any of them until that night, aside from the guy I was sitting beside (my cousin, a little older than me). But the guy kind of froze and looked right at me— and I looked away, embarrassed because he was staring at me & I have no idea what he was thinking (I’m a year younger and I DID think he was kinda attractive but i don’t think my actions showed that at all). he laughed awkwardly, shook his head after a moment, and said pretty lowly to my cousin that I was sitting beside “fuck you. you just made this really awkward.” and laughed it off. I laughed too and looked away really embarrassed bc my first thought was welp now he’s thinking i’m ugly goddamn wish I could disappear from the moment but— the way he looked at me killed me, not knowing what he was thinking, clearly an assessment of whether he did wanna sit beside me or not.

Anyone have any idea what that look meant? Or is it impossible to know? Lol.
1
1