Do you think it's weird for a dude in his older 30s to want to spend time with high schoolers?

Anonymous
I work at a gym. There's this 37-year-old dude at my gym who has been "training" high schoolers. He's not a personal trainer (I know because he hit on me and told me he wasn't), but all these 15-17 year-old boys go to him and he trains them. He literally comes to the gym every day and is here for a minimum of 4 hours. I've never seen him talking with anyone his own age and it's reached a point where there are around 10 highschoolers he's got on a rotation that he's training at the gym I work. Even the other staff members have admitted it's a little weird. Again he isn't qualified to train and he definitely isn't making money from this. So why would an older guy just want to spend his time "training" highschoolers? Sorry if this seems a little paranoid, but I don't always trust adults who spend too much time with kids when they aren't coaches or teachers.
7
4