My guy friend told me that he liked me a couple of times and would distance himself away from me. Why does he distance himself from me for liking me?

Anonymous
So me and my guy friend had a talk and I told him that I liked him at some point, and told him that I noticed that he acts weird when people (strangers) suggest to us that we should date. Then he said that he has in the past like me and thought about us dating (he sprung it on me a while ago about us dating/ getting married one day), but then I had asked him questions and stuff and told him about how he ghosted me and distanced himself away from me a year ago he said when he likes somebody (especially friends) he distance himself away to stuff and get rid of his feelings because he has a thing where he doesn’t date friends... but also there was this one time I tried kissing him and he curved me because we both were drunk he liked me at that time too but finally acknowledged that he didn’t want to ruin the friend dynamic behind a drunk kiss... Guys why do y’all distance yourself when you have feelings for somebody?
1
0