Do you think he could actually like me?

Anonymous
So I’m a Junior in high school and there’s this guy from my grade with whom I’ve shared the same classes since Freshman year. At school I’m a rather quiet person so I don’t have many friends.
Since last year he would occasionally ask me random stuff out of the blue.
Once he teasingly stated in front of me and his friends that apparently I wasn’t allowing him to sit next to me in class, but the thing is he’s never even asked me... He also always teases me about being scared by the ball when we play volleyball during P. E. and sometimes even pretends like he’s gonna hit me with it...

a few days ago he randomly asked me if I had a boyfriend, I said that I didn’t and asked him why he wants to know, he said he was curious. Then he started teasing me about having seen me with a boy (which was obviously not true) When I was about to head home from school the same day, he literally shouted if I was now his girlfriend and that he’ll take me out the next day. The next day he again talked about me going out with him and later even one girl from his friend group told me that he’s asked her to tell me about him wanting to take me out. After that few other girls were telling me that I should accept and that I wouldn’t regret it and how rarely he’d ask girls out...

The thing is for some reason I keep thinking that they are all just mocking me... he’s a very outgoing and extroverted person and I’m quite the opposite... and there’re days where he’d just ignore me, so that makes it even more confusing.

I’ve also never responded to him when he’d “ask me out” cause I just don’t know if he’s being serious and I don’t want to make a fool of myself if he’s just joking...
So I really don’t know what to think...
Could he actually like me?
What should I do?
Please let me know your thoughts
Do you think he could actually like me?
2
0