Why do some men hate independence in a woman?

If you direct yourself to my response in the question below, you'll see that the concept of an independent woman is extremely triggering for some men. Why is this the case and why do men feel personally attacked if we have no wish to depend or need them?

Are men these days scared to even try and date the new independent "I can do everything myself" woman? ↗
8 d
To those of you saying it comes across as arrogant, bitchy, etc. I hope you note the misogyny and sexism in your statements. You wouldn't make those assumptions towards an independent man, for that's seen as both natural and a strength. Independence simply means being able to look after yourself and not needing to be dependent. Don't associate it with other personality traits or having a certain attitude, because that's not independence. That's a different matter.
116
33