Wanting an honest opinion from a guy perspective/experience. What's the reason for a guy to ghost?

Anonymous
I met this guy few months ago and we instantly became friends. I'm talking about a person who I would talk for 3 months EVERY SINGLE DAY. Conversations that would last for hours. I would texted him and he text me back within seconds of me typing the last word. Communication was great! We even cross boundaries (not physically), but our conversations turned hot more than once. Three or four weeks ago I noticed that he would start a conversation and not answering until 5 or 6 hours has passed... sometimes he would respond the next day, and continued that way until he ghosted me for 4 days and then for a full week. Which leaves me really confused and wondering if I've done something wrong. Just today after a week of not knowing a word from him he texted: "Hey you"..
Is this something that guys normally do? And why?
Wanting an honest opinion from a guy perspective/experience. Whats the reason for a guy to ghost?
1 mo
After blowing off my phone for a couple of days, I finally get back to him. He said that he was struggling mentally... now I'm more confused than before. What didn't he say so? What happened to communication between species?
17
3