My boyfriend laughed at something I found offensive? How should I take it?

Anonymous
So this actually happened a while back and it was very confusing as to how I felt because it involved both my boyfriend and my dad. My dad has a very strong sense of humor and jokes around with my mom that way. She doesn’t really mind but I’m more on the sensitive side, so my boyfriend stopped making rude jokey comments when I told him so. I have a pet bird, and he humps me. Yeah, weird but we’re trying to get him to stop. Anyways, the bird was humping my hand and I was trying to gently get him off to not hurt him, and my dad started laughing and saying that the bird must be thinking while he humps me “yeah you’re my bitch. Yeah that’s right” while speaking for the bird in a jokey tone. My boyfriend kind of giggled at that and I immediately got offended. I asked my dad not so do that again and he said that I misunderstood. He clarified that he wasn’t calling me a bitch, but he was simply joking about what the bird was thinking, still, he agreed that he would stop. I then asked my boyfriend why he laughed at the offensive term being joked at me. He said that he was NOT laughing at me being called a bitch by any means, but at the thought that the bird would think that and also the way and fact that my dad was saying that. I don’t even know. Am I being too sensitive? Should I not worry about this?
6
0