Can I even become friends with this guy again without things being weird? Or should I actively avoid him and just stop going out again?

Anonymous
Back story: In high school, I was severely awkward. The school pretty boy weirdly befriended me and would pay for my ticket to go out roller skating every weekend with him and burn me mix tapes. He dated girls and played them and got a bad reputation for being a womanizer but never tried anything with me.

Fast forward 9 years: I was in a bad place mentally and ran into him out and about. He didn’t recognize me at first but I was excited to see an old friend and really needed friends at that time. It unfortunately led to him getting me out involved in the bar scene and getting me a lot of drinks or buying me food, making me drinks for free, etc. His friends started asking me to text him to get him out because he always responded to me. We made out on New Years that year when we were both very drunk and continued seeing each other at least twice a week (never planned) on the agreement that we would forget the kissing.

I caught feelings unfortunately (mostly because I was going through shit and probably looking for a savior of sorts). He knew this but rather than giving me space, he actively showed to places he never went within 15 minutes of me going out and would get me drinks. He eventually got a girlfriend and I was hurt because he never gave me the space to get over him and CONTINUED to gravitate to me and buy me drinks and introduce me as the girl he made mixtapes for in high school. I stopped going out at all and he would actively ask all of my friends how I was and what I was up to. Including keeping tabs on my dating habits.

About a year of that had gone on and COVID hit so I finally had time to heal. I helped a friend clean and she FaceTimed our coworker and he randomly popped on the screen behind him to say hi to me when she said my name. He randomly showed up at my HOUSE to load furniture for one of my friends when I was downsizing. He still tries.

I’m now in a relationship and he’s still in one. I just want to move forward and be friendly. Can I?
5
1