Is there a chance that my boyfriend maybe doesn't want to go to the mall with me today?

I asked him yesterday at 11 am (Saturday) if he wanted to go to the mall with me today (Sunday) and he told me that he would try to finish all his assignments yesterday so that he could come with me to the mall and I told him that i would do the same. We only hang out on Wednesdays and Fridays but I felt like I ruined this Friday because this whole week I've just been so sad and crying so much so I really wanted to hang out with him today to make it up since I feel like I ruined our Friday with all my sadness and crying. He just texted me this morning that he wouldn't be able to go today but there are still 4 hours left for us to finish our work and we also had the whole day yesterday to finish our work. Could he maybe not want to hang out with me today? I'm trying to be understanding but I just keep feeling sad because I was looking forward to this and I've been feeling very down lately so I thought that that would help me. I told him though that it was okay and that I wish that i knew earlier and if he's sure that he can't go.
1 mo
We had already planned to go get pizza and go to a bubble tea place :( I don't really get to go out anywhere so I was looking forward to this. All I really do is work and then go back home everyday
1 mo
I’ve just been sleeping I feel a bit better now and he said that he’ll go next Sunday I hope I’m not annoying him by asking to go out to places I just don’t really get to go anywhere
8
3