I am getting mixed signals with a guy- How do I know if he likes me?

Anonymous
We've been on three dates. The first time I felt we really connected well, couldn't stop talking nd laughing. We met up at 7 pm and didn't finish until 1 am. When he disappeared for 5 days I was not the least bit concerned 'cuz I felt after such an incredibly long first date, I needed some space. Plus I am not a texter. However after 2 more dates, all spaced out by 2-3 weeks, I have grown to suspect he has lost interest.

I can't figure out what's going on since he works from home, lives by himself, and is not a student but he has really withdrawn. Meanwhile I work full time and attend school and I feel like I am making every single move now. I am very independent and love my space. but it's been getting on my nerves that I'll sometimes wait as much as 12 days for a response to a one sentence text while he is active posting on insta. And when we do talk IRL, it's become really one-sided where I am doing most of the discussing. But then I get confused because he was the one that initiated wanting to date me when I was okay with being no strings attached, a one night stand, or partners. And just yesterday he invited me to an event he attends once a year that won't happen til July. I can't tell if he's weighing his options to choose what he feels is the best thing (he is talking to 2 other sexier, wittier girls) or if he has just grown cold feet around actually being in a relationship (he's only been in one). I realize that stacked against his ex and his previous flings, he has a type and I am far from it-but I got a great personality and I sometimes find myself sad that maybe he lost interest. Our 3rd date I struggled to find a ride and he didn't check to see if I arrived home safely -only mentioned it once I texted him 1st 4 days later to just say "hey, I had a great time" and he said "Oh I forgot omg you made it home safe , right?" Yeah... Anyways- Do you think I'm wasting my time with this guy? Or should I give him a chance?
2
2