Should I be concerned by his attitude or no?

Anonymous
I have a guy friend which we’ve only hanged out twice together and he has had a crush on me a while back but at the time I didn’t want to date especially since I was new to this school. During quarantine we’ve been on the phone a lot more but I notice he likes to say his thoughts on my looks , now it’s okay i don’t get upset at all because I know my worth and have confidence but it’s just weird when I’m about to straighten my hair he says no u look better with wavy hair or says I found a girl who looks hotter then u and shows me then would give his opinion like oh I didn’t like that shirt you wore by the way or he questions why I wear makeup sometimes saying I don’t need it and I’m rlly pretty without. But it’s like why? I’m generally confused why he has to put his input like I said I don’t feel hurt as I respect it but I mean I don’t ask and overall don’t care. He’s also made signs that he likes me again lowkey but I don't know what to do or I don't know if this Is toxic for someone to do but yea any thoughts?
1 y
It’s like he expects me to do as he advised but I make it strongly clear that I am happy with how I look and I rlly do not give a single shit to impress him lol. Me and my boyfriend recently broke up and he’s been a little hinty that he likes me I’m just here to see what u guys think. I might not be friends with him anymore.
2
2