My boyfriend handles arguments by literally ignoring me at his will. How should I handle this?

JoleenPeg
I know the title sounds lousy (as it is), but I want to start off by saying my boyfriend of about a year and a half is a really sweet guy. He's very thoughtful and supportive and kind. However, a major issue that I've had through the entire relationship is that if we get into an argument, he often decides to just ignore me after a certain point. And I mean as in we'll be texting about it, and then he'll just stop responding and text me the next day about random things like the fight never happened. He won't acknowledge what was said in any small way, not even to say that he wants to discuss it later. And if I press him on it, he'll become very difficult and refuse to answer. It's like he deals with things by just pretending they no longer exist and hoping they go away.

I don't know if I've been enabling this kind of behavior by putting up with it for so long, but I'm at the point where it makes me feel very unhappy and disrespected. It makes me feel like he is completely taking me for granted. And worse, I've told him that but he'll just say minimal in response like "okay" or "noted".

But I want to figure out how to improve his communication, because most of the time he makes me really happy.
1
1