Do you have this kind of guy friend?

opacarophile
Well, STORY TIME.
I instantly got close to this guy friend last 2017. We graduated from the same university, and even came from the same department, but I haven't noticed him in the campus back then, even though my batchmates kept telling me that he was popular because of his looks and intelligence. After graduation, we met in the same company. We were the only singles in the team, so everyone was teasing us. His respond to these teases was hilarious. There were instances that we were wearing the same color of shirts COINCIDENTALLY. This happened A LOT. One colleague teased us about wearing couple shirts. He then jokingly replied that it's our anniversary day. We eat meals together and have night walks after our work. My friends were romanticizing all his actions like those in Kdramas. Hahaha! Yet, I always remind myself to never assume unless he'd say/confess something. He's a silent type, very secretive mysterious guy. I observe that he openly shared his vulnerability to me, which is very surprising for a secretive person. However, when we're in our group friends, he would always tell his happy experiences and jokes. I get used to his responses to the people in our company, so I felt a little weird when those funny responses had changed into smiles and stares at me. I knew from that day that something has changed. Fast forward, we grew apart. We are now working in different companies. He'd still shares updates about his work and life to me via chat online. Not until one day, he stopped chatting. We suddenly stopped communicating anymore. He'd always cancelled last minute in our gatherings with friends, which bothers me. I didn't remember any arguments with him. Almost a year without communication, but one night we suddenly chatted on one socmed unexpectedly. His replies were still the same as if nothing happened to us. His responses were still friendly like before. Isn't it weird that he suddenly disappeared and came back as if we didn't cut our communication?
Add Opinion