He won’t tell me what’s wrong?

Anonymous
My coworker hasn’t been talking to me much lately. I’ve asked him a few times (it’s been spaced out, not like everyday) and he won’t say. I thought I finally got through to him and were on the same page. When I walked into work this weekend, he was totally avoiding me. He even locked one of the doors so that I couldn’t get through.
I’m done talking to him and trying to figure out what’s wrong. I’ve given him several chances to talk it out, but every time he says “I can’t handle conflict” or “I can’t have this conversation, I don’t like confrontation” but I’ve done nothing except try to make the conversations easier, even going as far as asking what I can do to make these conversations easier. One of the things he said to me when we spoke was, “yeah, every time you come in we serve you, isn’t that right?” When I asked him to explain he didn’t.
The problem is, we still have to work together. I would love to tell my boss what’s going on, but I know that if I do, he could get fired. Maybe I’m too nice, but I feel like I don’t know what’s going on in his life and maybe he really a needs this job. People have told me that he’s weird and lacks social skills, so maybe he’s special needs? Whatever the case, I don’t want to get him fired, but I also don’t know what else to do.
He won’t tell me what’s wrong?
2
0