This guy won’t tell me anything about his current job search/interviews.. is it because he feels insecure until he lands a job?

Anonymous
This guy and I had a “thing”... we separated for a bit because he moved out of state for work but then something happened there (he hasn’t told me yet) and he’s back home and is currently looking for work. He asked if he could just call me when he feels ready to see me again. He is living with a older family member and doesn’t have his own place until maybe a few weeks or if he gets a job. He told me he had an interview this week but told me no details and acted annoyed when I pressed for any information. He is keeping me completely in the dark. I know nothing about it except he’s home and eventually he plans to see me again. Is he acting this way because he’s insecure with whatever is happening with his career and how he’s currently jobless and homeless? He’s 30, by the way.
1
2