Please give me your thoughts, I really want to know what this means?

Anonymous
What does this mean? ( A boy I used to date for three months- we've been friends for 3 years- and are still on good terms) I went to this restaurant to pick up some food one day, and I was getting in my car, I look over because I felt a stare and looked over to see my past boyfriend, staring at me, he apparently works at the restaurant a few buildings next to that place I got my food at, and when I drove past we stared at each other for a split couple of seconds, then I get home and receive a text from my mutual friend asking "hows Panera" I called the mutual friend up to see what he meant and how he knew, and he said my ex texted him and told him to text me, " ask Haley hows Panera I want to see what she says, bc I am pretty sure we locked eyes as she drove past, I wanna know what she says...

But the confusing thing is I know through this friend that he already is with someone new, and y'all I miss him, but obviously am not gonna get into his business and life. I am just curious and wondering if this means he still has care and feelings for me? ( I am new to this dating world- he was my first boyfriend ).
Thanks Y'all!
2
3