He threatens to block me, but he doesn't, why is he doing this?

Anonymous
After my ex left me me for the fourth time (I don't even remember how many times we separated and reunited), finally it seemed to be over and we blocked each other. However, after around ten days I noticed I was unblocked on one place. When I confronted him about it, first he ignored me for some days, not answering my question, when I insisted on asking to him the same question and told him he was playing mind games, he started threatening to block me. I only wanted to understand why he was unblocking. He then kept ignoring my messages, or threatening to block (but never actually blocking) and didn't answer my questions, I felt he was kind of avoiding them. When I finally was done about not getting the answers that I needed, and told him he could block me if he wanted, he just kept ignoring the message and I'm still not blocked. Like what's the purpose behind this? It's as easy as to answer and say, hey, it was a mistake, I unblocked you by mistake, I'm going to block you again so we can move on. Or something like that. But why doing this?
1
1