Guy friend started acting uncomfortable around me. What would cause this?

Anonymous
I had a guy friend through a group of friends. This guy friend had a crush on me at one point. I'm not single, which he has known since we met. He would always talk to me more than others and joke around with me. We have a lot in common and get along well, so I figured he was just being friendly. He seemed ok with interacting as friends because he kept talking to me and being normal.

Out of nowhere, he started acting weird around me. He will talk to/acknowledge everyone but me. He avoids acknowledging me if we are right next to each other. He can barely respond if I say something to him, and he avoids eye contact most of the time. If he does have to interact with me, he looks like he's in pain/uncomfortable. I've tried checking in to see if everything is ok and I don't get a clear answer. It's so different from how he used to treat me.

Nothing happened prior to this. He acts happy and like his usual self around others so I can tell that it's just me. I can't tell if he is upset or has decided he doesn't like me as a person. He's in the same group of friends so it's definitely a tense situation.
1
0