Guy friend I previously dated seems interested in me now, but maybe this is a normal guy-friend experience?

MistyBar
I started dating this guy I met off an app. We talked for two months before meeting in person. After our second in-person date, he texted me telling me he doesn't feel romantic feelings for me. We wound up remaining friends. We've gone out since to do things, but we only do things alone. I've noticed growing closeness from him, but I'm not sure if my interpretations are correct, so I'll lay them out. First, we talk every night and text or snap throughout the day usually. In our calls he'll frequently compliment my looks (I'll list them from most frequent to rare: "gorgeous", "model", "beautiful", "cute", "sexy"). Second, a couple of times when we've hung out, he subtly hit my butt with whatever was in his hands like a water bottle or tote bag. This seems like it might be a friend thing though so I'm not sure. Third, at one outing we were eating Oreos and before I ate one I mentioned always getting crumbs in the corner of my mouth and he reached over and wiped my lip with his thumb, saying I had crumbs already. A little bit later I put on chapstick and he did the same thing again because I had a lump of chapstick on my mouth. Fourth, he's been pretty touchy. He rubbed my knee once when he was pretending to comfort me, he frequently pretends to drop his weight on me so I have to hold him up. When we're using my phone for directions or information, he'll move in close and put his face by my neck. Lastly, during our calls, he's mentioned things like "always wanting to see my face" or "always thinking of me" or "always worrying about me". Then last week, he sent me a text asking how I felt about our breakup. Saying he didn't want to hurt me, he just "didn't feel those romantic feelings for me then" which sting because he was bringing up a rejection again. This felt like drawing a line, but the following morning he mentioned that he would always want to see my face, despite having bedhead. He's remained flirty and very loving in how he talks. I'm so confused about it all
Guy friend I previously dated seems interested in me now, but maybe this is a normal guy-friend experience?
Add Opinion