Guys, Did he not have an opinion or did he not want to hurt my feelings?

sagigurrl3
I recently got my hair cut and it was a pretty drastic change. I donated 11” and when I asked my stylist for layers, she ended up taking off another 2-3 inches. I thought I was going to walk out of the salon with shoulder length hair, but ended up with a chin length bob.

I started freaking out right away, considering this is the shortest that my hair has ever been. I sent 2 pictures to my best guy friend and asked for his opinion. He told me that she showed both his mom and his sister and that they said “I looked fine”. He never gave me his opinion.

Guys, from a male perspective did my guy friend confide in the females of his family because he wasn’t sure what to say? Didn’t have an opinion? Didn’t care? Or do you think he also hated the haircut, but didn’t want to hurt my feelings since he knew I was already upset.

Small notes:
-He recently got a new girlfriend.
-He is very close with his mother. His mom and I also get along really great and she has a similar haircut.
4