Male gaming friend said these things and it’s now made me question if he’s feeling something more?

Anonymous
We’ve been gaming together for about 6 months we only ever message on the PlayStation app no voice chat. I enjoy playing with him because we game good together same skill set, same ideas etc. The way we talk is very much just friends there has never been any flirting whatsoever.

We only ever play together with just us 2 as well. But on Friday he met 2 of my other friends and they wanted to do voice chat so we did and I finally heard his voice for the first time. We found out we are the same age actually we were both surprised.
My friends want to invite into our group and he kinda brushed it off. He messaged me yesterday and said he’d love to join the group if I’m okay with it but he also doesn’t mind if he doesn’t because he only wants to play with me pretty much.
He completely understands I have other gaming friends and he never bothers me. But that comment made me wonder. Because after that he told me when his main account got suspended I was the first to know about his back up account before even his friends…
He also recently got a new job and told me he’s pretty cut about not being able to game together much from now on.
I don’t know. To me we are just friends but since the voice chat on Friday I feel like it’s opened up something with our friendship. I don’t wanna ruin it and ask but I also want to know if he is feeling more I need to make if obvious I’m just his friend.
2
1