Why do men text you back after a few months but then go dry again?

Anonymous
I have been preoccupied with things such as school and my children. I have not heard from this man since around Halloween of last year. And all of a sudden I post professional photos I did of myself and my girls on Facebook.
It's like he magically acknowledged me and I guess he must have liked the way I looked or something or maybe saw i was happy in my own world. I messaged him back like old times but now after only a few days of texting he will take very long to respond and im confused. I am considering not maybe talking to him again because I don't have time for people who don't make time for me whether they are a crush or friend.
It is more like common courtesy and we only have an hour difference so its not much of an exuse. I have to admit we were flirting back then but it did not work out maybe due to same issues I have with him now, the slow texting.
What do y'all think of this?
1
2