Why do men come back after no months of communication?

Anonymous
I have a guy friend I used to talk to back then we were close but grew distant in time. I moved on with my life and had children but then I messaged him back in mid 2021 to check on him due to the area and covid like I did all the other female and guy friends I lost contact with.
We sparked conversation again but he then ceased after 4 months.
He came back and was being a bit flirty so I was taking the hint that he may like me or may just be bored. I am very social able by nature and after 2 days of communication he dropped talking and only messaged me one or two sentences every 4 days.
I started to get very upset and asked him not to do that with me if he wants a valid friendship seeing we are so far away. Even asked him to do a phone call and he never did. So I lost interest after that.
I'm trying to figure out what goes through a man's mind when he does this? Is it some sort of game for attention or he is just not good at communication?
2
0