Why does guys show interest in girl if all of the sudden they are gonna stop talking to you?

Anonymous
I don't get it why guys do that I mean guys would start talking showing interest in you and when you start crushing on them, they stop talking to you. Because I met this boy. His a senior and I m a sophomore. he start showing interest in me and we start texting and in school he would come up to me and hug me and start asking me how was my day. He would joke around with me. So I start crushing on him. But then all of the sudden he stop texting me and start ignoring me. In school whenever we saw each other in the hallways we acted like strangers like we never met before. but whenever I walk pass by him, his friends they give him that look. So does it mean that he hates me or I did something wrong.
2
1