What does it mean when a guy is looking and trying too hard to get a girlfriend? What are the signs?

I am 21 years old, never had a girlfriend in my whole life, always been single, I would like to have a girlfriend, I have taken the initiative to try and get one, but I am wondering if I might be trying and looking too hard, which is turning girls off. Like I do approach girls and talk to them whenever there is an opportunity, mainly at school, at community college. I don't really approach and talk to girls at public places such as the mall, bookstore, grocery store, theme park, beach, or any other public place, because I feel that is a bit too creepy and awkward, random, stalkerish. Am I right about that? Do most girls dislike being approached in public places?

Anyway, what are the signs in which a guy is trying too hard, looking too hard, and desperate to get a girlfriend, or a girl to date, etc.? How do I know if I am trying and looking too hard, and being desperate?
+1 y
I am always myself around girls, I never try to be like or act like someone else in order to impress someone, like I am not desperate to change myself so girls will like me, I like how I am already, but I will admit I do get depressed about being single.
+1 y
Like I will admit, I am depressed often, and I do get frustrated because I feel everyone around my age, 21 and older, heck, even younger, have someone already, or have at least had someone before, while I have never had one at all.
+1 y
I have asked girls out before, I approach and talk to them whenever there is an opportunity, but they are always either not interested, or they are taken already, most of the time it's because they are taken already. Where are the single girls?
+1 y
am I going to get anymore responses?
+1 y
How do I know if I am trying too hard or not?
+1 y
I would like advice from girls too, how can you tell if a guy is looking or trying too hard?
+1 y
I would like more answers please.
0
2