Trying to look nice for your man is part of being a good girlfriend...right?

helms_girl
Some of my girlfriends and I got into a bit of a tiff about this the other day. We were watching Divorce Court (I hate morning television) and a guy was complaining about how his girl used to be a bombshell and then she start letting herself go. Mark you, this guy was a complete ungrateful bastard. But assuming you have a better husband than that chick did, I do agree. After marriage or a while of dating, some women just get careless. It's like they're cheating the guy, and he's not getting what he signed up for.They doll themselves up when they're dating to impress him and once it's made permanent they say; "He's stuck with me. Now I can REALLY be myself." Misleading, much? I'm not saying you have to wake up and make yourself Cindy Crawford-worthy. Just wake up, bathe, brush your hair and teeth, put on a few strokes of mascara and lip gloss/stick and a splash of perfume. You can do that in like, half an hour if you're on the run or just that lazy. I just hate it when women say; "Oh, I have to work, be a mother AND look beautiful 24/7?" Looking beautiful comes naturally for women! Just help yourself out a tad with simple grooming. It's not just for him, it's for you, and you shouldn't have to find it to be a chore to maintain and take care of yourself. The point is, when you stop looking nice for someone, it's like saying; "I don't care how you see me. You aren't attractive to me anymore, and therefore I feel no need to look attractive for you." And that is bound to put a strain on any relationship. My friends say I'm "setting women back" but whoever thought that woman equality meant that a chick could let herself turn into the bride of Frankenstein is sadly mistaken. Do it because the person you love and you BOTH deserve to see you at your best :) Why don't other women agree?

BTW: I TOTALLY think it goes both ways. Don't put the after-shave away so quickly, gents! I just notice women complaining about it more. Your thoughts?
2
2