Do only single girls say, "I don't celebrate Valentine's Day"?

I'm the type of girl who is forever single with no prospects. When Valentine's Day rolls around, people always give me that, "Awwww!" look. And tell me about how a good guy will come along, or invite me to do things so I won't be "lonely" or feel "pathetic". I've always politely declined invitations and reassured them that even if I were in a relationship, I'd still choose not to celebrate Valentine's Day.

I just don't think it makes sense as a holiday, I don't see it as a big deal, it's designed to put pressure on men to 1+ others, etc.

But no one EVER believes me lol! They think I'm saying these things because I want to come off as happy so no one will pity me. This is NOT true!

My question is, am I the only one who feels this way? Do you say that you hate vday only when you're single? Are you in a relationship but do NOT celebrate?

P.S. For once I actually am in a happy relationship, I've told him we will not be celebrating Vday. My bday is March and then his is April anyway so we have other occasions to celebrate that make more since without spending a bunch of money on random commercialized crap that we don't even want.
+1 y
To all the guys answering: You seem to have misunderstood the question.. I know that single people don't celebrate. I'm asking if you were in a relationship, would you celebrate even though you tell people you wouldn't?
11
10